Friday, November 27, 2009

Another one this morning

It has only been 8 days since the last one. That is not good. It was pretty mild, less than 4 minutes and he came out of the post-ictal state pretty quickly. I just don’t know what triggered it. Perhaps tick bites-but he gets so many of them since we do not give him any flea/tick stuff (it impacts his seizures). There is a storm brewing but it is not a severe one so I wouldn’t think it would cause it (severe ones have set him off in the past) I will call the vet as soon as they open and take him in for a blood test to see where his phenobarb levels are. He has been pretty stable for the last 4 months. I’m thinking that he is starting to metabolize the phenobarb more quickly than he used to. He has been on it for 5 years. I will be increasing his dose tonight. But it may be time to either add a medication or change medication. If at all possible I’d like to increase his meds for the next two-three weeks and then change them over the holidays when I will be home to be with him. I also need to get more valium for him. His script is empty. We use it right after a seizure to calm down the brain activity. Right now he is laying at my feet, with his head down, although every time I move it pops up like a kona-in-a-box.

kona and bear 4

No comments:

Post a Comment