Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A year ago today

family portrait 3

we found out that Kona was dying. He was at the vet and had xrays which showed two lemon sized tumors in his lungs. I was in Phoenix, sitting on the tarmac waiting for a gate when mrrad told me. I started crying uncontrolably and once at the gate got on another plane to come home. I came home that night and sat on the floor next to Kona with his head on my knee petting him. Mrrad and I decided not to do anything yet other than make him comfortable and figure out what he wanted. We had ten great days before he died. But this is difficult today. As will the next few weeks be.

I am grateful to have Zora in our lives-she makes me laugh every day. And every so often I can see Kona in her-he checks in for a hug. He was such a great dog. I can’t believe he has been gone for almost a year. But we have just started our adventure with Zora, my little princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment