Thursday, November 18, 2010

Kona died today

My brave sweet boy died this morning sometime between the time that mrrad left for work and when he returned home right after lunch. He had a seizure last night. It was hard for him. It was hard for him to breathe. This morning he didn’t want to go out. He didn’t want to eat and he didn’t want his medicine. Mrrad called me on his way to work in tears telling me that he didn’t think he would make it. I was sititng on a plane bound for Canada. He died peacefully, in his sleep next to my ottoman-his favorite place. He looked peaceful. He couldn’t do it anymore. And he wanted to go on his own. Poor mirrad found him and had to deal with calling the vet and then the humane society who came to get him and to creamate him. I am so grateful that he did it his way. That he spared us having to watch him suffer further or to have to make the decision to help him transition. I will miss him so much. His sweetness and his love.

I am on my way home now. A very lonely sad journey. Crying my eyes out in public.

I am grateful for the last 10 days we had together when he was his old self.

I am heartbroken

No comments:

Post a Comment