Monday, July 5, 2010

Still practicing

I was able to practice every day this past week and am now starting to learn more about playing the bass then just what frets to use for which notes. Starting to learn about chords and bass lines. And I’m trying to read music rather than bass tabs. But I also need a day off from practice. I had a few days that no matter what I did I was struggling. And then one day it was great. And today, being tired, not so good.

I really like doing this. When I’m practicing its the only thing I’m focusing on. I can’t think about anything else. But I still need to not place my expectations too high. After being at gigs these last two days with mrrad, I can see how far it is that I would need to go and that seems overwhelming. I keep searching for marked improvement and its minimal at best. I’m getting a more consistent sound out of the strings. Just keep practicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment