Saturday, July 24, 2010

Had a discussion with mom today

My brother and I, along with our wonderful spouses, had lunch with our mom today and discussed three things with her. First, that we are going to get her some home health help. Some one to check on her daily, make sure she takes her medications and any other light assistance she may need. Second, that we are going to explore a residential facility for her for when she needs it. and third, that she must stop driving. We’ve given her two weeks and then we will officially take away her keys/car. It took a lot of talk. She is resistant, which I expected. But we did get through to her. Hopefully she will remember it. I’m an emotional wreck. This discussion, along with everything else that has been going, and the fact that I’m exhausted, has led to a very emotional day.

No comments:

Post a Comment