Sunday, June 20, 2010

Doing this has been really good for me.

While at my lesson today, I came to realize that perhaps I’m not the musical doofus that I always thought I was. I do have a great sense of rhythm and timing and I’m not totally tone deaf as I thought I was. I really can tell whether or not something is in tune. Granted I can’t sing in tune most of the time, but I actually know I’m not in tune which I wouldn’t know if I was tone deaf. I also had someone tell me recently that I have a melodic voice. Not that I’m heading for a career as a vocalist, but perhaps with a bit of training the dogs won’t howl if I sing and I won’t be totally embarassed to open my mouth. My bff is an excellent vocalist and I guess I always thought that if I wasn’t that good then I was terrible. Ahh the lies we tell ourselves.

So I’m going to keep practicing and see what happens. Today I learned a typical blues bass line and it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment