Sunday, June 13, 2010

Baby Steps

I’ve been having a lot of trouble with my hip and sciaitica. I’ve been going to the DO, but because I travel so much its impossible to get there regularly or even have much of a fitness program. Also, the pain has caused me to do less and less which just weakens everything. I was at the DO on Friday and asked what I could do (I’ve been doing restorative yoga but quit when the class was no longer offered). My DO said he wanted me to tone more in order to keep the pelvis stable after my treatments. DUH! So I bought a travel resistence band set and a dvd of restorative yoga. When I’m in the hotel I only need to ask them to provide 4 additional blankets. Everything else is portable and I can do gentle toning in the privacy of my room. I’ve also done some research on core stabilization exercises that I can also do to strenghten those muscles. I really want to be able to walk and stand without pain and I have to help make that happen. Once I can do that, I can focus on bigger fitness goals. But as I said, baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment