Thursday, October 29, 2009

How to buy a dslr

"I waited too long."


How I did it: I started Project 365 (a photo a day) using my point and shoot.  While it did a really nice job, there were limitations and I wanted to take it to the next level. 

I started to do research and talked to some friends.  I found I was getting too confused.  I had gotten feedback from friends that Canon was the best value.  Since its been 30 years since I had a slr, I decided that I would go for the starter level of dslr and if I decided later I needed to upgrade I would.  Since we had a vacation coming, I decided it was a good time.  Watched the sale ads and made a decision.


Lessons & tips: Know what you want to use it for.  You can get a lot camera for not a lot of money.


Resources: Canon Rebel T1i.


It took me 6 months.


It made me Happy

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad, the Canon Rebel T1i is a great camera for beginners or those who may be rusty. If it took you 6 months to pick the camera thats fine but then maybe you should start looking at new lenses to compliment your camera. The 18-55mm lens is a good starter lens but it does limit you. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete