Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Sunshine

Today I was thinking about sunshine. It is so warm and vibrant and encompassing. I love sitting in my chair in the morning when the sun fills our living room. The dog always finds a patch to lay in and snooze. The bird is usually quiet and from my chair I look out the window and see nothing but trees and sky--like living in a tree house. It is the best time of the day. The day is ahead of me and I can decide whatever it is I want to do, or not.

Today it will probably be a movie, either Milk or Frost/Nixon. My bff (who is visiting from Chicago) and I are having a movie fest--trying to see all the movies nominated for best picture. Seems ironic that with all of this sunshine, we spend a part of our days in a darkened movie theater. But then, we only have one week together a year and it is something we love to do together.

We really need the rain--we are in a drought. But selfishly, I love the sunshine and am not crazy about the rain. Thank goodness we no longer live in Chicago, I do not miss the cold and snow. I have become california-ized. That is why I love sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment